NBA Draft: The first pick goes to Minnesota Timberwolves, LaMelo Ball to the Charlotte Hornets in the 2020 NBA draft.

Antony Edwards is No.1 pick in the 2020 NBA draft and selected by Minnesota Timberwolves.

NBA Draft 2020: Anthony Edwards became the top pick in the 2020 NBA draft. Minnesota Timberwolves selected him as they have the top pick in the Draft. 2020's draft is five months later than normally it's been held in past seasons due to the Corona pandemic. 


The second pick was in the hand of the Golden State Warriors. They made it into the NBA finals 5 straight years before last season's poor performance. GSW selected James Wiseman. 


LaMelo Ball joined Charlotte Hornets as the third pick in the draft he is regarded as the best talent in the 2020 draft by many.


Anthony Edwards sat with a picture of his mother and his grandmother when Adam Silver announced his name. He paid tribute to his mother and grandmother. He said," As far as just being excited and just being happy and ready to go and ready to work and ready to get there as soon as possible, those emotions were overwhelming with just my mother and grandmother being there. I mean, it was just a dream come true and just a blessing."


Also Read:


NBA: Tyronn Lue will lead the Clippers for the next five seasons from the sideline.


Anthony Edwards is a 6 foot 5, 220-pound guard from Atlanta and played college season at George. Edward was the SEC Freshman of the Year and led all Division I freshmen in PPG.


Wiseman will be very helpful for GSW with the size he has. He is a 7 foot 1 center. He played only three games last season for Memphis and he got 12 games suspension due to rules violations.  


Wiseman said," It's great in terms of my concept because I can be able to learn, be able to grow my game, being able to adapt in that type of environment, which I can and just going in there and just learning, just helping grow my game. I just had to bust out in tears because I have been through a lot of adversity in my life but I'm ready to go into Golden State with a great mindset with a different mindset, ready to go in there and just learn as much as possible, grow my game and just adapt and just work my tail off. I have a great relationship with Steph, I went to his camp so he taught me a lot. When I was in high school, he taught me a lot about the game of basketball, gave me a lot of information. I actually took a picture with him, so that's my guy."


LaMelo Ball is one of the best players in this draft and he is a brother of Lonzo Ball who plays for the New Orleans Pelicans. LaMelo Ball is a gifted passer. He played in Lithuania and Australia before he was drafted by Charlotte Hornets. LaMelo and Lonzo Ball become the first pair of brothers in NBA history to be drafted in the top 5.


He averaged 17 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 7 assists in 12 games in Australia's National Basketball League. 


LaMelo Ball said," I definitely feel great falling to Charlotte but the way I've fallen down, I never looked at it like that because like I say, whatever happens, happens and I feel like it's God's plan. So wherever he wanted to put me, that's where he put me,  and I feel like he is going to let me blossom there."


Chicago Bulls selected Patrick Williams as the No. 4 picks. Cleveland Cavaliers selected Issac Okoro as the No.5 pick in NBA Draft. 


NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers selected Jaden McDaniels.


Also Read:


NBA: Shaq on his all-time NBA Team with LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Michael Jordan.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment